3. Information that We Collect.
NantWorks may collect the following types of information from or concerning you or your computer or device:
- (A) Information You Provide. We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you request assistance or support, participate in a survey offered in connecting with the Site or when you otherwise use the Site or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your first and last name, company name, email address, postal address, phone number, age and any other information that you choose to provide.
(B) Information We Obtain From Your Use of the Site. When you access or use our Site, we may automatically collect information about you, your computer or device, including:
- Computer/Device Information: We may collect computer/device specific information when you use the Site (such as your hardware model, operating system version, a unique identifier for your device and MAC address).
- Log Information. We log information that your web browser sends whenever you visit a website, which may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and language, the websites you viewed before navigating to our site and the website you view when leaving our site, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, domain names, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and, if you visit a website from a browser on a mobile phone, your phone number.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you use the Site, including by sending one or more cookies to you, by using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”, “clear gifs,” or “web bugs”), or other anonymous identifiers. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, to see which areas and features are popular and to count visits. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and other content. Note that, in addition to cookies and web beacons used by NantWorks, the Site may let third party vendors and partners set and access their cookies on your computer or device or use their web beacons on the Site. Other companies’ use of their cookies and web beacons is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- Usage Information. We collect information regarding the performance of the Site, such as page performance metrics, error reports, traffic data and bandwidth measurements.
(C) Information We Obtain From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
4. Use of Information Collected.
We may use information that we collect from you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Site;
- Customize the content and/or layout of the Site for individual visitors;
- Contact members and those who visit the Site about new NantWorks initiatives, services or upcoming events;
- Contact visitors for marketing purposes;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about events and activities offered by NantWorks and others and provide news, information, press release announcements and other information to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Conduct internal management and business operations, provided such use is permitted by applicable law; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
5. Our Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- To affiliates, members, strategic partners, agents, and third party contractors who need access to perform, improve or maintain the Site or to otherwise carryout work on our behalf (including, for example, for sending communications on NantWorks’s behalf or performing administrative or operational activities).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us.
- To investigate or remedy potential violations of our agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of NantWorks, users or other third parties. For example, we may verify the information that we collect with third parties to protect against potential fraud.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or a portion of our business (where we might transfer/assign information that we have collected to a third party successor or purchaser).
- To third parties with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, with third parties. For example, we may share aggregate usage and volume statistical information regarding the Site with our partners or third parties.
6. Transfer of Information to the United States
7. Your Choices
- (B) Email Communications. You may unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. However, note that you may not opt-out of certain Site-related communications (such as account verification, changes/updates to Site features and technical and security notices).
- (C) Cookies. Most web browsers are setup to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
- (F) Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies). You can manage the usage of flash cookies via http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html. You may also be able to manage flash cookies through recent versions of certain Internet browsers.
8. Third Party Properties & Advertisers
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to NantWorks is done at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
10. Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not directed for use by minors under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding NantWorks’s disclosure (if any) of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year.
12. Contacting NantWorks
Last Updated: September 14, 2014